AUTOMATIC BURETS WITH BOTTLE
KIMAX® precision bore automatic burets are used in applications requiring the highest degree of precision and accuracy for volumetric analysis. These are ideal for repeat titrations requiring traceable volumetric accuracy or when the titrant should not be handled.
· Packed complete with a reservoir bottle, U-shaped drying tube, vented connecting tube, rubber squeeze bulb,
# 1 single-holed rubber stopper, PTFE stopcock plug and 1/4 inch ID rubber tubing
· Precision ground tips assure uniform outflow
· Supplied with a chemically-resistant, self-lubricating PTFE stopcock plug
· Permanently marked with an individual serial number and traceable to NIST Standards
· Supplied with a Certificate of Graduation Accuracy
· Easy-to-read durable black enamel scale
· Replacement 2 mm bore size stopcock plug is 41530F-2
· Manufactured to the specifications found in ASTM E694
· Calibrated to the accuracy requirements found in ASTM Specification E542
· Manufactured from 33 expansion, low extractable borosilicate glass conforming to USP Type I and ASTM E438, Type I, Class A requirements
Procedure for Using Automatic Buret 17124F: Place the one-holed rubber stopper, large end first, on the lower tubulation of the buret. Add the U-shaped drying tube, prefilled with drying medium, over the small end of the stopper.
Join the drying tube to the connecting tube and then to the rubber squeeze bulb with the rubber tubing provided. Do not cover the vent hole in the connecting tube with the rubber tubing.
To fill the buret, turn the stopcock to the fill position. Squeeze the rubber bulb several times while closing the vent hole in the connecting tube with your finger. As liquid rises and overflows from the tip above the buret, turn the stopcock to off and remove your finger from the vent hole. If air is trapped in the stopcock or tip, discharge the air and repeat the filling operation to automatic zero at overflow tip.